Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Things I See

Well, things are going....

Miss H is doing really well with the chore system but I am not surprised, she is always overly eager to please. Time will tell after the newness wears off. Great news though! This weekend a meltdown began and after slamming into her room with a "Why do you love everyone but me????" scream, there was silence. And not 5 minutes later she came out, pupils were still ity bity, and said, I'm sorry mom. I didn't mean to act that way. I congratulated her on her ability to pull it together, and so quickly. Drugs are GOOD!

M....well he is not liking his new world. His audacity continues to amaze me. He still tries for those privileges and when I remind him that he gets none, he looks at me like I am speaking Greek. We went to a meeting, held at Fudd Ruckers, and he wanted a shake and then a brownie. I wanted so bad to get one for the girls and not him. I mean he made the choices that got him to this point and I would have easily gotten them all something. But because he couldn't, I felt bad about getting it for them so I didn't. Why should they be punished for his actions? They shouldn't, and I need to stiffen my backbone...

AE is doing well, continuing to amaze me with her growth and intelligence. A couple of things...last month she went in for her check up and they were concerned about her weight and she had borderline high BP and elevated liver enzymes. They referred us to a nutritionist. I was a bigger kid as was her dad, so I never thought much of it. Genetics, what do you do? The nutritionist asked me many questions and ended that AE is getting a great amount of exercise, eating properly, and there isn't anything she really needed to teach me. I felt good about that. They said the high BP/liver issues are due to her size and once that was resolved, so would the BP. She gets overly out of breath at things that didn't used to bother her. I just can't explain the weight gain...she has an appt next week so I hope they will continue testing to find the problem. The other is I am noticing things in her that lead me to believe she may be a Highly Sensitive Child . I have recently found this out about myself, the name at least, I have always been aware of the symptoms. I have also found out that it can be genetic. I hate when you learn about something you begin to "see" it everywhere. I don't want to place this label on her unduly, I just plan to watch her.

No comments: