Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Orlando

It was fun! I met some great people! So glad I went!

That's about all I have been able to verbalize since my return from Orlando 2011. Like trying to explain RAD, how do I convey how amazing these ladies are? How bonds were formed in 2 days that continue to bring me to tears? Meeting women that are so different than me from age to location to situation but having an instant connection? Meeting other women that are so like me that it's freaking scary?  That feeling of listening to Christine call Diana to tell her how we raised more than double the amount we expected for the Utah retreat? How emotional that was but so not surprising because of all people, those that were in Orlando know how vitally important it is for more women like us to have the experience? How courageous and giving and loving everyone I met are?

It is so close to my heart and I feel the need to protect it. I can't explain it, I just know I am extremely blessed.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I keep trying to blog about it and failing. You are right- there are just no words for how amazing it was.

Brandy-new rad mom said...

No words. Funny how the two of us can't seem to shut up around each other but you ask us to talk about Orlando and we fall silent. Its like our little secret. If I say what it meant to me outloud someone will try and steal my happy.

Much love for you twin :)

marythemom said...

I didn't know you were going to Florida. You are officially forgiven for not immediately joining PCT (Parents of Children of Trauma formerly RAD Moms of Central Texas), but you are expected to join soon!

Hugs,
Mary in TX

Mama Drama Times Two said...

I am all quiet about this too - perhaps once it al settles in and I am not so in awe of all the amazing women we were with. Love the pic of you and your twin hooping in heels!

Kathleen Benckendorf said...

wish I could've been there - but I love reading everyone's stories... even non-stories. :-)

Kathleen Benckendorf
http://www.attachmentandintegrationmethods.com

Cherub Mamma said...

I'm not putting my mark up on the Trauma Mamma map cause I'm a foster mom and I'm not supposed to blog about it. :)

However, I'm about 2 hours south of you if you are ever in need of a break. I know it's not Orlando - but it is only 2 hours.