Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sniff Sniff

Beware! Major whining ahead!

So I know this already. I've heard it, I've read it, I've said it! Don't take it personally. Don't take it personally! But ya'll!! I'm totally taking it personally! It's my stuff being stolen. It's my stuff being broken. It's me being barked at, screamed at, my authority being questioned! I'm not materialistic but when it's EVERY DAY, it's a lot to bear.

Now, I know there are many marriages out there where the spouse makes matters worse. But I'm not talking about them right now. I need to think that all married people are each other's teammates and supporters in order for my pity party to work for me.

The hardest part of being a single parent to RADlings? At the end of the day, I don't have someone to rejuvenate me, to hug it away, to laugh about it with, to refill my emotional cup. I am drained every single day - emotionally, mentally, and sometimes physically. And I am missing that someone to curl up next to. That someone that can be my teammate, that I can hand off to, but mostly that someone that can emotionally give back to me.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

So sorry... Wish I could send more than just a virtual hug

Anonymous said...

You get my sympathy. Even though I have been alone with my kids for these last 5 months, (which is hard! waaah!) I am still totally blessed because I can call my husband and unload, and his paycheck "magically" shows up in the checking account, and I know that this is for a finite amount of time.

You get total props for doing this all by yourself all the time.

jaenkes said...

I fear this going into our future adoption of a kiddo. While it's not exactly what you're looking for... do you have an option of respite care? We provide "respite babysitting" for foster children in Oregon. It's usually the only break these parents get! They can pay us their daily rate the state gives them or we do it for free... its why we volunteered. Usually it's for a whole weekend. It would be a well deserved time for you to escape for 24-48hrs.

marythemom said...

Oh sweetie! I don't know how you do it. I find myself feeling so drained from my kids, and I do have Hubby trying to help. Most of the time it seems like my youngest is the only one that fills my love tank.

I'm here anytime you need a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen, or want to come visit and hang out.

Hugs and prayers,
Mary in TX