Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Miss H

So she's been telling me the bad things she's been up to lately. Mom, I couldn't control myself when I smoked a cigarette. Mom, I couldn't control myself when I chopped off my hair. Mom I couldn't control myself when I took your make-up to school. Mom I couldn't control myself when I stole your ring. Never takes her very long to fess up and she immediately asks if she is in trouble. I don't give her the attention she is seeking for these actions, just hike up the supervision....

WTH????

1 comment:

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

That is exactly what she wants…Attention and to know she is safe and loved. I know it is hard and exhausting for you to deal with, it sucks.

maybe you can catch her doing something positive (even if it is a stretch) and give her lavish attention for that. Wanting attention is not a bad thing in it’s self, sometimes you can switch the play book and get more of what you would like to see.