Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Spelling...ummm..."Issues"

Miss H always does great on Spelling tests and I have slipped in the last few weeks of not studying with her. Although she is still doing well on the tests, I thought the time spent together to study would be good. Except she intentionally miss-spelled EVERY word. Did you know the word search has an LY on the end? So I had her write them three times each. The next day, same thing... my personal favorite was that the word SHIRT consistently was missing the letter R. She would verbally spell that one proudly S*H*I*T. Studied every day and she wrote those words over and over but couldn't spell them to save her life. Got a 100% on the test though. I think our time was better spent without studying....

Oh and when she chopped off her bangs the other night...she changed her name to Susan. My 3 year old daughter really likes this and now asks to be called Jason. Jason and Susan play as acquaintances and get along so much better!

4 comments:

GB's Mom said...

LOL! Some of us need a reason to smile :)

Dia por Dia said...

I love this!

marythemom said...

If it makes you feel any better, I think the name change thing actually is a "typical" child behavior. 3 of my 4 kids did it around this age (2 neurotypical), and I didn't know the 4th when he was this young.

My youngest daughter, non-adopted, became "Bob" for over a year (hence her online name). When we got my adopted daughter she wanted to be called "Ashley" as in Mary Kate and Ashley the Olson twins. That lasted for almost 6 months and we almost let her offically change her name to it when we adopted her... and then she changed it again.

Major hugs on the rest. Remind me and I'll send you pictures of "Bob" with bangs cut down to the roots, and tell you the story of the little girl in her gymnastics class who "used to" have waistlength curls and had to get stitches.

Somedays you just gotta laugh!

Hugs and prayers!
Mary in TX

PS My Word Verification was "caress."

CORoots said...

So often we dream of exchanging our children with those who are the same, but alter egos without the RAD behavior. YAY Susan! If she has a safe place to go, that's grea.t Cute that Jason plays too. :-) I love this story. The whole Shirty thing!